Days of Summer 2018 | Perth Lifestyle Photography

Perth Lifestyle Photography

Here we are. Again. My children have grown so much this year. I actually have two kids starting school after the summer holiday – one little (big) kindy girl and my oldest love starting year one. And Rosie is a toddler now, dancing and jumping all over the house. Now more than ever I appreciate how much joy I get from documenting their summer holidays. If you have not yet been a part of my January journey, to you I say welcome. It is so incredibly lovely to see you here. And for those who have followed along in the past, hello friends, welcome back. Above all, don’t be strangers – let me know you’re here 🙂 Happiest of happy January days to you all – Let’s celebrate. x

1 January 2018 | 6:46 pm

Happy New Year !!! I was lucky enough to photograph a dear friends newborn baby yesterday before a larger group of our circle came and swam in our pool, ate, drank and were merry! None of us made it remotely close to midnight but with young kids why not celebrate in the morning. It is the first day of fresh beginnings after all. Happy 2018 !!

2 January 2018 | 9:04 am

Happy, happy birthday Ebony. You are nine years old today. Look at how those white whiskers are spreading more and more over your face each year. The girls absolutely love you with your placid nature and you don’t even growl when they are pulling your legs in different directions trying to get a hug!

Perth Lifestyle Photography 3 January 2018 | 5:44 pm

My baby had her first hair cut … ever … this afternoon. I was armed with talking dolls and chocolate but all she wanted was to sit on my lap. Instead of a 70’s rock star do with hair hanging in her eyes and a long mullet we now have a neat little bob.

4 January 2018 | 6:44 pm

Couch castles – annoying mums forever and a day but they do find such entertainment in it! The last of the relaxing infront of ABC4kids before bed time.

5 January 2018 | 6:58 pm

When you decide to make mud pies, my mistake, chocolate cakes with dirt as opposed to vanilla cakes from the sandpit, a big bath is definitely a must.

6 January 2018 | 1:33 pm

What could be better than playing in the pool all day – playing trains down the slide when the neighbours come over!

7 January 2018 | 3:06 pm

Her dad bought this sunshine some sunflowers and she just loves them.

8 January 2018 | 1:28 pm

Bubbles never grow old in our house!

9 January 2018 | 8:26 pm

I nearly fell over when Rosie grabbed my hand and walked to her room and said bed!!! I should have known better, she sat playing with her christmas presents for a bit before crying to be back with me. My most clingy sleeper by far!

Perth Lifestyle Photography10 January 2018 | 11:35 am

I think this might actually be my first cafe date with just me and all three of my girls ever! When the biggest sister is at school full time I guess these opportunities don’t come along as often. Everyone had a ball and, unusual for us, all the food and drinks were finished!!Perth Lifestyle Photography

11 January 2018 | 8:26 pm

The girls have been so excited for daddy to come and the one who says she misses him the most sat with me on the couch waiting and waiting … falling asleep five minutes before he walked through the door. He got to tuck her into bed and she’ll show her excitement tomorrow morning.

12 January 2018 | 8:36 am

It’s nearly the weekend, but hey it is also school holidays, so if I don’t have to go to work it is lovely slow mornings that we have (even if they wake up with the birds!)

13 January 2018 | 7:00 pm

It was a hot day which is what we expect from Perth summers, so we just spent the day around the pool. Even after the girls had dinner they longing looked at the pool but I think it was enough for the day, and perhaps some clothes would be nice!!!

14 January 2018 | 2:47 pm

I don’t know what Joel fed our fur babies but he insisted their gases were poisoning us so they got banished to outside the house for the rest of the day!

15 January 2018 | 10:18 am

A super rainy day today, I don’t think it has actually stopped for even five seconds. So lots of games and crafts with the girls in our house today.

16 January 2018 | 7:23 am

This may be the wildest bed hair we have had so far – she does have naturally pretty straight hair after all!

17 January 2018 | 8:43 am

Isn’t it depressing to realise that we don’t get the whole summer holidays off like the kids, but have to go to work as well. At least the girls had daddy home for his last day to play literally EVERY SINGLE GAME under the sun whilst I’m gone!

Perth Lifestyle Photography18 January 2018 | 6:03 pm

I have been wondering when this tall girl of mine might loose some teeth like her class mates. Well, there’s no loose teeth but an impatient “shark tooth” poking up its head behind her baby one!

19 January 2018 | 5:21 pm

It’s so lovely when they can sit so closely (and quietly) for two hours – the beauty of a movie after a day of swimming.

20 January 2018 | 5:56 pm

Your very happiest place to be!

21 January 2018 | 6:00 pm

These light summer nights mean we are still playing outside even after 7pm. Rosie has not only mastered jumping into the pool and swimming back to the steps (with floaties) by herself, but tonight learnt to climb the rock wall on our play equipment and zoom down the slide. Super baby (or toddler) !!!

22 January 2018 | 6:44 pm

I haven’t been to Mandurah since my dad sold his house on the canals but I wnted to head off on a little getaway that wasn’t too long a drive from Perth. What a great spot, food and shops at our doorstep and the perfect kiddy beach 100m away.

23 January 2018 | 10:29 am

Thanks for housing us little cottage, you were great.

24 January 2018 | 7:30 am

30 little piggies all in a row! A couple of teddy rabbits and a set of keys keep them happy while they wait for the jumbo chalk to draw treasure maps on the driveway.

25 January 2018 | 8:07 pm

Apparently the cool kids wear sleeping masks to bed!

26 January 2018 | 9:14 am

This girl has been saying she doesn’t like the beach because of the sand (which I kind of understand), but we just couldn’t tear her away on our early morning Australia day visit. All of a sudden catching waves is the best of fun!

Perth Lifestyle Photography27 January 2018 | 2:06 pm

She has learnt so much in the last few weeks, she is talking so much now and has mastered swimming in the pool and climbing our play equipment. She also loves jumping and gets onto our trampoline every opportunity possible.

28 January 2018 | 6:46 am

Waking together EVERY MORNING since April 2016.

29 January 2018 | 3:29 pm

I can’t remember how to actually play this game properly besides throwing a rock and jumping on squares. But the girls love drawing it up on our driveway.

30 January 2018 | 5:51 pm

Practicing actually brushing our hair and wearing pony tales now that school starts tomorrow.

Perth Lifestyle Photography31 Janaury 2018 | 7:55 am

One more child started school this year, and how excited they both were. I am so happy for them and even more delighted when I picked them up and they were beaming from ear to ear (and ate everything in their lunch box!)

If you like my photos please remember to like my Facebook page at Jessica Lockhart Photography to keep up to date with my latest work.  For more of my personal photos mixed in with my client sessions please like my Instagram feed at Jessica Anna Lockhart.

If you have any questions please contact me for details.

no comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

Menu